ABOUT THE California FIREWOOD TASK FORCE
The California Firewood Task Force initiates and facilitates efforts within the state to protect our native and urban forests from invasive pests that can be moved on firewood.
This is accomplished by:
- Engaging concerned stakeholders
- Synthesizing, evaluating and publicizing relevant information
- Developing and publicizing appropriate outreach materials and best management practices
- Identifying and supporting appropriate research, management, and educational programs
- Coordinating with similar efforts in other states and at the national level